DOD Fuels Construction Quality Control Manager
DoD Fuels Construction Manager
Location: Collinsville, IL 62234
% of Travel Required: 50%
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Experienced
Education: High School or equivalent
Category: Construction and Environmental Support Services
Tetra Tech, Inc., a world-wide environmental and engineering firm, is seeking personnel with a minimum of 5 years of experience with the Management or Oversight of Construction activities related to the repair and modernization of petroleum handling systems. Candidates will be considered to support both office and field construction activities serving our commercial and federal sector clients throughout North America and Europe.
Serves as Tetra Tech’s agent for all Construction Management to include Health and Safety requirements, controls, processes and protocols related to the on and off site management of repair and construction activities. Candidate will support operations including work planning, scheduling, and coordination with on and off site clients as well as the development and management of information to facilitate the safe and timely execution of projects related to the inspection, repair, modernization and construction of petroleum handling systems. Typical activities will include:
- Provide off-site support (from home / Collinsville, IL office) of on-site activities at multiple locations concurrently
- Develop Work Plans and Health and Safety Plans to support project and contract objectives
- Serve in on-site role when needed as Site Construction / Health and Safety Manager for short duration projects (typically less than 30 days)
- Maintains effective communications with client, subcontractors and Tetra Tech’s Project Manager
- Implements plans and monitors work activities to ensure project execution supports compliance internal and external timelines and objectives
- Schedule and conducts on-site meetings with the client and subcontractors as required; Liaises with client and prevailing government agency representatives as required
- Resolves operational, customer, contractor or technical problems that impact the effectiveness of the project using defined processes
- Maintains, project drawings and other project related documentation using MS Access or equivalent database
Preferred Skills, Training and Education
- Experience depicting management of on-site construction activities, construction quality control, construction safety, and systems inspection activities affiliated with U.S. military fueling systems is highly desirable
- Ability to read and interpret construction project drawings and specifications;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Knowledge of construction practices, UFGS, UFC, ASME codes, API, North American and / or international standards and principles related to the design, construction, inspection and repair processes associated with petroleum and oil storage and distribution systems.
- OSHA Construction Safety certifications and/or relevant industry certifications from API, STI or NACE
- 2 Year degree or certificate in engineering or construction services related field.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Potential candidates must have the ability and skills to efficiently work in front of a computer workstation for considerable periods of time. The performance of assigned duties may take place in wet and/or humid conditions, in the presence of fumes, particles, or environments where petroleum and toxic chemicals may be present. The noise level in the work atmosphere is usually low to moderate but on occasion higher due to work activities in close proximity to airfields and operating equipment.
If interested in this position please visit: https://tetratech.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=101430233 enter 10000000337 in the Job Number field to access the application completion and submittal site. Should you have any questions on the position or the employment application process please contact Ms. Jeana Swift at 618.343.2350.