DOD Fuels Construction Quality Control Manager
DOD Fuels Construction Quality Control Manager
Location: Collinsville, IL 62234
% of Travel Required: 50%
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education: High School or equivalent
Category: Construction and Environmental Support Services
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of environmental and management consulting, engineering and technical services. We employ more than 13,000 people with 330 offices worldwide. We provide services to protect and improve the quality of life through responsible resource management, sound infrastructure, and rapid communications ability. We have a reputation for innovative design in the global design and construction industry. As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it's much more than what can be done today; it's what we'll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team.
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a Construction Quality Manager to work in the Collinsville, Illinois office (or approved alternate location).
This position will support the implementation of Tetra Tech's Construction and Environmental projects throughout the United States. The successful candidate will conduct various aspects of quality control and inspection activities associated with general construction and environmental projects to inclusive of those to repair and construct DoD fueling systems. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Serves as Tetra Tech’s agent for all aspects of quality control processes and protocols related to on and off site management of repair / construction operations including work planning, arranging delivery of materials and management of informational and material submittal data in a manner that ensures projects are safely completed in concert with specifications and drawings, project statement of work, and contract quality control requirements. Typical activities will include:
- Performs on-site quality control surveillance, inspections, and enforcement in accordance with the project Quality Control Plan
- Provides management of all contract data and deliverables in accordance with Quality Control Plan requirements
- Serve (when needed) as the Site Quality Control Manager in accordance with the Project Quality Control Plan
- Maintains effective communications with client, subcontractors and Tetra Tech’s Project Manager
- Ensures Subcontractor adherence to all quality control and contract requirements
- Works within budget to meet operational objectives set by the Project manager
- Conducts on-site meetings with the client and subcontractors as required; Liaises with government Quality Assurance inspectors as required
- Resolves operational, customer, contractor or technical problems that impact the effectiveness of the project using defined processes
- Prepares project Quality Control documents and reports in accordance with establish plans
- Maintains Quality Control data using QCS/RMS or other client approved Quality Control data management systems
- Maintains, project drawings and other project related documentation using MS Access or equivalent database
Preferred Skills, Training and Education
- Ability to read and interpret construction project drawings and specifications;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Current Certification from Unites States Army Corps of Engineers or United Sates Navy Quality Control for Construction Contractors (or other recognized agency).
- HS Graduate (or equivalency)
- 2 Year degree or certificate in environmental or construction related field.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Potential candidates must have the ability and skills to efficiently work in front of a computer workstation for considerable periods of time. The performance of assigned duties may take place in wet and/or humid conditions, in the presence of fumes, particles, or environments where petroleum and toxic chemicals may be present. The noise level in the work atmosphere is usually low to moderate but on occasion higher due to work activities in close proximity to airfields and operating equipment. If interested in this position please visit: https://tetratech.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=101430233 enter 10000000338 in the Job Number field to access the application completion and submittal site. Should you have any questions on the position or the employment application process please contact Ms. Jeana Swift at 618.343.2350.