DOD Fuel Systems Project Manager
DOD Fuel Systems Project Manager
Location: Collinsville, IL 62234
% of Travel Required: 10%
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Professional
Category: Infrastructure Sustainment and Construction Services
Tetra Tech, Inc., a world-wide environmental and engineering firm, is seeking personnel with a minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience supporting Department of Defense (DOD) fueling systems engineering, inspection, maintenance, repair or construction services to join our team. The position requires general knowledge of the Defense Logistics Agency – Energy (DLA-E) Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization (SR&M) initiatives, supporting executing agency expectations related to project requirements and deliverables. Most qualified individuals will possess experience and knowledge of a planning, budget development, DOD fuel systems and related DLA-E SR&M initiatives. Must be proficient at MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Adobe or related pdf management tools. Proven experience in managing large projects from inception to project closeout. Proven experience in leadership and supervisory capacities. Able to resolve conflicts and provide solutions in professional manner to the satisfaction of clients. Candidates will be considered to support both office and field activities serving our clients.
Serve as Tetra Tech’s Project Manager participating in collaborative efforts during the development, review and submittal of incidental design deliverables, systems repair/construction submittals, project specifications and cost estimates. Typical activities will include:
- Effectively leverage working knowledge of U.S. Military (DOD) and / or NATO fueling systems as well as standards related to Petroleum Oil and Lubricants handling systems operation, inspection, maintenance, repair or construction
- Provision of off-site support (from home / Collinsville Il, office) of on-site activities at multiple project locations concurrently
- Provision of on-site support and assessment of petroleum handling infrastructure facilities and project when required
- Implements design work and plan and monitors work activities to ensure project execution supports compliance with established criteria and specifications
- Resolution of technical and constructability conflicts to enhance the effectiveness of the project
Preferred Skills, Training and Education
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Project or Primavera scheduling tools
- A working knowledge of standards and practices related to the construction, inspection, maintenance and /or repair processes associated with petroleum and oil storage and distribution systems.
- Degree or certification in Project or Construction Management
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Potential candidates must have the ability and skills to efficiently work in front of a computer workstation for considerable periods of time. The noise level in the work atmosphere is usually low to moderate but on occasion higher due to work activities in close proximity to airfields and operating equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Potential candidates must have the ability and skills to efficiently work in front of a computer workstation for considerable periods of time. The performance of assigned duties may take place in wet and/or humid conditions, in the presence of fumes, particles, or environments where petroleum and toxic chemicals may be present. The noise level in the work atmosphere is usually low to moderate but on occasion higher due to work activities in close proximity to airfields and operating equipment. If interested in this position please visit: https://tetratech.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=101430233 enter 10000000357 in the Job Number field to access the application completion and submittal site. Should you have any questions on the position or the employment application process please contact Ms. Jeana Swift at 618.343.2350.